Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Driving Lesson #1

Just come back from my first driving lesson. Much more fun than I was expecting. However, there are a few things I'd like to see addressed:
  1. All arcade racing game manufacturers from now on must include a clutch pedal. Or alternatively, a little electric shock buzzer that gives you a jolt everytime you use your left foot to press the brake. Years of Ridge Racer and Initial D have tought me that left foot is brake, right foot is acceleration. So when the instructor tells me to press down on the brake, my left foot instintively goes down. My left foot is on the clutch. The engine stalls. Horribly.
  2. Driving instructors should have the power to shoot people who get in my way, or behave inappropriately on the road. I held up a junction for a few minutes. A lot of very nice people had the patience to wait. One twat didn't, and MOUNTED THE PAVEMENT TO GO AROUND ME! See diagram:

Apart from that. Good fun.
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, Blogger Jon said...

Hehe, some people have no patience for learner drivers!

Including me. They should have separate roads for learner drivers, and also people that passed their test less than 3 years ago... oh yes, and women drivers...

Anyway, good luck!

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger Defragged said...

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home